A Month of Puffs


 When I look back over October so far, I see that it has pretty much been the Month of the Puff for me here at Cherry Heart.  Actually, I started working on these little beauties in back in September but I posted about the cushion and the tutorial in October, so it only seems fair to end the month with them.

I'll come back to that in a moment though.

First of all I just wanted to say a big warm thank you for all your well wishes, sympathy and kind support after my 'Rest and Recuperation' post.  As always, you warm the very cockles of my heart with your goodness and kindness and don't think for one moment that the words you send aren't treasured or appreciated by me, because they are.  Thank you.

I am very glad to report that I am well and truly on the road to recovery.  So much so that I no longer have any excuse to put my feet up and not be getting on with jobs again.  Boo.  The only two challenges that remain unconquered are lifting heavy weights and getting back to the regular running routine.  I can't say I have a burning desire to starting lugging things around anyway and the running will start again next week after the holiday.  So all is as it should be with me.

I'll like to say that means I'm all caught up and organised again but of course, it's half-term this week so any progress made is halted for the time being.  Still, some headway has been made and I think I can see light at the end of the tunnel.  Let's just hope it's not a train eh?


Anyway, all of that waffling is basically a way of leading up to the fact that I have not been entirely idle and I do have something to share with you today.  A little 'this is how I joined my puffs together as I went along' type tutorial.  But that wasn't the actual title I went with in the end, surprisingly enough.

I did think it might be nice though, to show you what I did to join the puffs together when I made my cushion.  Because they are on the smallish side being able to join them together as you make them is going to save you a heck of a lot of seam sewing and end threading in the long run so it's well worth knowing.

Here are all the links you need or may be interested in for all your Daisy Puffagon needs and fun...




: : TUTORIALS : :

Daisy Puffagon Tutorial

NEW!  -  Joining Daisy Puffagons

: : POSTS : :

'Experiments in Yarn' - When I started making puffs
'Puffs in the Night' - My finished cushion


: : LINKS : :
There's also a handy dandy little link up in the sidebar on the left there, where you'll be able to find everything Daisy Puffagon related in future, including this post.  Yippee!

Well, I shall leave you to it.  You know, in case you want to make some right now!







S x





My posts, delivered to you...

      RSS      Feedly      Bloglovin'      Email




Comments

  1. I have never tried these but they look totally gorgeous. I have a free hat pattern published this week if anyone is interested. Check it out Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your feeling better. Those puffs are adorable and look very addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your tutorial for joining these is anything like the Blossoming Bag, which I'm sure it is, then this will be a doddle! I am besotted with these little puffy flowers, I'm just clearing the decks with some other hooky projects then I'm getting stuck in with these - they'll fit in nicely with my Bloomin' CAL! Chrissie xxx ps lovely to see you back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear you are getting better, too bad about the jobs now :) I love the look of your puffs, I definitely want to try them at some stage, hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaay I'm so happy you're feeling better! Thank you for the wonderful tutorial on how to join the puffagons! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your granny Daisy puffs, your blanket is looking fantastic. So glad you are feeling better.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad to hear you are on the mend! This blanket is so cute and as always I am amazed at your talent with choosing colors! Do you have a secret for picking colors that you would be willing to share with those of us who are somewhat color challenged?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have had a go at this stitch as your blanket looks so good...not doing so well! will give it another go...just love the colour so much..

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you're feeling better! Loving your puffs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm quite sure these will be popping up everywhere in the months ahead, they truly are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So wonderful to hear that you are recovery well! ;) And, your puffs are just too sweet and I can't wait to make some soon! Thank you for sharing such awesome tutorials in making them! Wishing you a beautiful week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're feeling better now. Those puffs are gorgeous - I must give them a go.


    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your talent makes my heart sing...such pretty designs, bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete